"Court-circuit" on Arte explores short films through a selection of fiction and animation films from around the world. Talent scout, the Arte magazin joins the creation and decrypts what’s going on behind the stage. It is always exciting when young directors and composers dedicate themselfs in each other's art forms and join for the creation of a same project : a rising film. When the choice of an original composition is made and magic happens, what a delight for the spectators !
The sound can beautify the image and boost its strength with a new depth of field. Whether the music is pre-existing or original, whether it is a tool for direction and contributes the narrative, whether it toexpresses the subjective appreciation of the director, exist as a character in its own or that it is used to highlight the emotion or to point on the dramaturgy. Without the work of brights composers and sounds designers, the film would never have been what it is…
I have chose to present a very eclectic list of films, all provided with original music, since short film is a privileged place for experimentation and innovation !
Director of short film program
- Réalisation / Direction: Fabrice Maruca
- Réalisation / Direction: Nicolas Deveaux
- Réalisation / Direction: Julien David
- Réalisation / Direction: Sacha Feiner
- Réalisation / Direction: Céline Devaux
- Réalisation / Direction: Hugo Chesnard
- Réalisation / Direction: Jean-Loup Felicioli, Alain Gagnol
- Réalisation / Direction: Méryl Fortunat-Rossi, Xavier Seron